Love the Ocean

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Something Doesn't Add Up

The United States spends over 2 trillion dollars a year on health care. Actually it is probably closer to 3 trillion, but at that point...does it matter? What doesn't add up for me is the United States is one of the sickest countries in the world. You see what I'm saying? Something doesn't add up.

How could we spend so much money on health care and be so sick? Every year there are more illnesses coming to light. Our children are getting sicker earlier. The population is getting older and by 2030 they estimate 50% of the population in this country will be over the age of 50. That is a massive increase in the potential drain on our system. If people don't take their health seriously and do it soon, I believe we could have a crisis on our hands. That is if we don't already.

Taking responsibility for your health is the only thing that you can actually do. I can tell people till I'm blue in the face to eat better or try the program that has worked for me for over three years, but when it comes down to it...it's up to them. The first step is to look inside and decide what you want. Do you want to stop putting things in your mouth that are loaded with chemicals? I haven't even got into a discussion about GMO's (Genetically Modified Foods). That is enough to scare the living daylights out of you.

So what is the answer? We have some of the best physicians in the world, the best medial technology, a ton of medications that can alleviate pain and discomfort. So why are we so sick? I have a guess, but it is only a guess. IT IS THE FOOD WE ARE EATING. Could you point to another cause? What if we actually fed people food that had nutrition. I mean real nutrition that also could help your body reduce weight, build lean muscle, make you feel 20 years younger, etc. I'm no mathematician, but if we did that I bet we could reduce health care costs dramatically.

I often wonder why physicians are only trained on nutrition for about 2 weeks in 8 years of schooling and residency. Oh yeah, because there is no money in getting someone healthy. How sad is that? A world leader that won't do the right thing and educate its citizen's about what is really going on with our food supply. Since GMO's were introduced 20-30 years ago, we have seen a rise in obesity, cardiovascular disease, autism and just about everything else you can think of.

I'm doing my part, but then again I'm one of those people that wants to take responsibility for my health. With Isagenix it was so much easier because eating their nutrient dense super food allowed me to lose my appetite for unhealthy food. I've lost my cravings for all the really bad stuff for you. You know, like aspartame, msg, high fructose corn syrup and foods that contain GMOs.

It can be done, but you have to have the discipline and the desire to change. Once you get that find a program like Isagenix and stick to it. No it isn't fancy, but would you rather look good or feel good? Take it from me, these products work if you just put them in your mouth. If you take control of your health then everything will start to add up!

No comments:

Post a Comment